Building a web design portfolio can be a great way to showcase your skills and attract potential clients. But how do you go about creating one? Here are some tips:
1. Choose the right platform. There are many different platforms that you can use to build your portfolio, so it’s important to choose one that will best suit your needs. If you want to create a simple website, WordPress or Squarespace may be a good option. However, if you’re looking for something more robust, consider using Behance or Dribbble.
2. Showcase your best work. When choosing what to include in your portfolio, it’s important to only showcase your very best work. This means choosing projects that you’re proud of and that show off your skills in the best light possible.
3. Use an engaging design. Once you’ve chosen the projects you want to include, it’s time to start thinking about how you want to present them. An engaging design is key to keeping visitors interested in your portfolio. Make sure your site is easy to navigate and includes plenty of visuals to break up the text.
4. Tell a story. In addition to showing off your work, your portfolio should also tell a story about who you are as a designer. Use your About page to give visitors an insight into your process and what drives you as a creative professional.
5. Promote yourself. Once your portfolio is live, it’s important to promote it to ensure potential clients can find it. Share it on social media, add it to your email signature, and reach out to clients directly to let them know about your work.